Post#5 Drive In Pisgah

I always go for a drive when I feel like I want some time alone to either regroup and get some time to unwind, or just to have some fun driving around new places exploring and listening to music. Two Sundays ago now I think, I went for a drive right after dinner, I didn't really know where I was going I just wanted to go for a little drive in Pisgah National forest. I was trying to find a lookout that I had heard about but didn't really know where it was or how far it was from Brevard. So I just started driving but knew I only had limited light left so I didn't make it my first priority. I stopped by looking glass falls for a few minutes which was really pretty, there was a decent group of people there all hanging out as well. I left and kept going up for another 12-15 minutes but didn't see any lookouts except for one gate that looked promising but was closed since it was after 7:00. I did come across a dirt road though which I love driving on! They were what I always drove on back In New Hampshire because they were everywhere. I turned onto it and it said there was some sort of camp at the end of the road so that's what I was shooting for. The road was a lot of fun, there were some spots where I got to crawl a little bit because it was really washed out and other spots that were pretty smooth that I could really get moving on. I went down it for about ten minutes until I got to a fork in the road and both were gated and locked up which was too bad. The one going through was here I wanted to get to and I'm not sure where the other one led to. Even though it was a shorter ride than I was hoping for it was still fun and I ripped back to the main road. By then it was totally dark and I decided to head back to school. 

End of the dirt road


Comments

  1. I'm so glad you are exploring! Have you been up to Dupont yet? I guess there's less driving and more hiking/riding. It's beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post#10 Black Balsam

Post#7 UNC Chapel Hill

Post#3 Brotherhood